replacing radiators that are a different size?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm a complete novice and need some help.

I am planning to get all my radiators replaced, really old, been painted about 10 times and generally looking knackered.

I've measured them and went into wicks but they don't do them in the size I want. They are like 40mm out.

Should I just buy the closest size to the ones I have currently? and is it possible to cut/solder moves the pipes to accomodate the new rads?

The reason I ask is my mate is going to drain down the system and remove them all and then I have a plasterer going in soon to skim all the walls - but obviously I don't want to have all the walls done if I then have to get someone to move the pipes and damage the plasterwork

thanks for any help

Manny

Sponsored Links
Should I just buy the closest size to the ones I have currently? and is it possible to cut/solder moves the pipes to accomodate the new rads?

Either to be honest, but if the new ones are 40mm out (as long as there 40mm too short NOT too long, you could use rad valve extensions). This saves having to alter pipework and draining the system down. Ensure you are achieving satifactory output from the new rads though.

If you go down this route, try to avoid the telescopic extensions - they leak for fun.

Mr. W.

ok nice one pal, I think they were all about 40mm too short, but I'll double check :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back