Replacing radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having difficulty finding radiators to replace my old ones. I've measured the white part of the Rad and excluded the pipes at the side. Is this the right way of doing it? if so why do my measurements come out at 935mm and not a rounded 900mm? I'd be eternally grateful if someone could advise so that I can get some sleep at night. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Batgirl.....if this is an old rad it may well be imperial size.....you will need to get a 900mm rad and if there is play in the pipes (17.5mm either side) you should be able to reconnect. Otherwise a rad tail extension at one end might sort it.

your old rads are imperial your new will be metric
buy a 900mm and fit radiator extensions to match old pipework

Thanks for this. BUt don't rad extensions only come in 25, 50 or 75 mm? i thought they couldn't be cut to size. Unless I can use any heating pipe and cut it?

Sponsored Links
you can get extensions that slide to suit your size start at 50mm and slide to reduce size needed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back