Replacing rear-door of garage

Reaction score
Country
France
Since I had no replies in "Doors and Windows" on this, hopefully you guys will be more forthcoming :D

The rental-agents for my UK house have just sent me an estimate to replace the above which is a softwood, panel-door with four glazed panes. Believe it was likely Boulton and Paul rubbish to begin with so surprised it lasted so long - twenty-five years, although with regular re-painting .

What would be your suggestions as to suppliers of this type of door ? I only want to check out price/quality and whether they are normally supplied ready-primed .

Agent has quoted me GBP 465 for the above which is door only, replace using existing "ironmongery " and for priming/undercoating and gloss-coating. No agent's mark-up. Sounds rather high to me but maybe I am out of touch with UK costs.

From other work - i.e. tighten a door-handle GBP 15, replace a hinge on a cupboard GBP 30 - I'm guessing that they are working on GBP 60 or so/hour labour in SE England ( Cambridge )

Thanks for any reples

Sponsored Links
It would be silly to comment upon price unless you had a specific door to compare as there are hundreds of glazed 4 panel doors.

I am not aware of seeing any exterior doors ready primed.

I would be thinking along the lines of £150 for the door, £100 for fitting and similar for painting.

£60 per hour would be outrageous in today's market. However, the actual act of replacing the cupboard hinge (£30) is only part of the job, surely?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back