Replacing roofing felt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the felt under the tiles around the 1st/2nd tile up from the gutter on my garage roof has perished.

Can this be repaired with one of the newer membranes like this or should i use 1f felt?

Would it be best to remove and replace the damaged area of felt all the way up to where it overlaps with the next row? Or is there a different approach i can take.

Will be fitting plastic eaves trays aswell.
Thanks
Rob

Sponsored Links
You can replace it with a newer membrane.

You could cut the new felt so that you only replace the area that is damaged, just make sure to allow the minimum overlap (which I believe is 100mm on A1 protect)

Thanks.
What do you do if part of the damaged area passes under one of the timber battens?

Is if possible to tuck the repair section under the batten or is it necessary to remove the whole batten and fit the repair patch under it with a good amount of overlap?

Cut a section of batten out making sure the ends are butting into the rafter centres.
Insert the patch and renail the section of batten back on.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all.
Wasnt sure if the memebrane was intended to be a repalcment for conventional felt or an addition to it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back