Replacing/Rotating Garage position advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all. Rather than spend more money trying to replace the roof of this old sectional garage which is in poor condition, Im looking at having a timber garage built.

There is a current concrete base approx 6m x 3m and I will not be using it to store a car so angle of entry to the lane can be ignored.

If using a wooden building where I would Use the concrete base as the workshop floor and have a garage built over (minus the garage door) Can I use concrete paving slabs to make up the area around the current concrete base and possible widen the new garage/building?

gar1.jpg

gar22.jpg

gar33.jpg

IMG_5374.JPG

IMG_0245.JPG

IMG_0705.jpg

Sponsored Links
I think that you will never get the junction between the paving slabs and the concrete base properly sorted, the paving slabs will move about and then water will run in under the sides of the shed and weeds will grow in the cracks.
Frank

In that case would it be feasible to build a wooden border to make the shape above and just fill with concrete?

There won't actually be a car in the garage it's just going to be used as a workshop/gym so the base doesn't need to support a car weighing a couple off tonnes, just my big backside and some weights and tools

A gym...???!!!

You're a disgrace to your birthplace...;)

Now a workshop - or even a wee bar - that sounds right...

:giggle:

Sponsored Links
If you build this exercise palace in a hut sitting on bearers, then the building will move and settle but should be useable. When people build sheds on paving stones under their bearers, then the chances are that all of the paving stones will settle by the same amount, the problem you have is that half the building is sitting on a rigid base.
Frank

Thanks guys, by the sounds of it I'll be best making my body building, tennents lager, man cave /workshop where it already stands then,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back