Replacing RWB7 with RWB29

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

wonder if anyone can help, we're trying to replace the 2 controllers above but we don't have the installation instructions for the RWB7.

Currently in the RWB7, we have the following:

Neutral - blue
Live - Brown

1 - empty
2 - brown link to live
3 - green/yellow with red sleave
4 - black and black with red sleave.

In the connection box, we have:

green/yellow - hw off
black - hw on
black - ch on
brown - live
blue - neutral

In the RWB29, I'm thinking we should have:

N - blue
L - brown
1 - empty
2 - empty
3 - black with red sleave
4 - black

green/yellow - no longer used?

Can anyone confirm if this is correct?
Are any links needed with the live feed?

Thanks in advance,

Tony

Sponsored Links
What other controls do you have.... 3 port valve ?

No you dont use live links as they are internal on this programmer

Hi Namsag,

thanks for your response.

The valve is a Honeywell F9-9936, looks like 3 port valve, but can't find any details on the net about it, so could be wrong!

We also have a programmable room stat - Danfoss Randall TP7000.

Thanks again!

Tony

PS the reason for going for this model, is we are looking to control the heating and HW separately, to make it so the heating doesn't need to be on during the summer

Anyone any thoughts, so I can finish this job and get my wife off my back?

Thanks
Tony

Sponsored Links
What exactly are you trying to achieve?
RWB7 is a time switch, and as you have a programmable room stat, would control the hot water.
RWB29 is a 2 channel programmer, and would have to be set to constant for CH to use the programmable stat, a quite pointless exercise.

Hi Mick,

we were advised that the RWB29 would be better for controlling the hot water separately from the CH, the CH would be on all the time, but the RWB7 that we're replacing has the hot water on all the time that the heating is on - so with using the programmable thermostat, it would also be on permanently.

So in essence, we have the CH on all the time, with the thermostat controlling when the heating is required, and the programmer to control the HW. I can't remember why we were advised to buy the RWB29, as opposed to the RWB27 which is the equivalent time switch - perhaps it was that they have the RWB29 in stock.

Thanks
Tony

Hi

based on the fact that I'm happy to keep the RWB27, rather than send it back to the online seller, can anyone confirm if the following is correct?

In the RWB29, I'm thinking we should have:

N - blue
L - brown
1 - empty
2 - empty
3 - black with red sleave
4 - black

green/yellow - no longer used and made safe?

Can anyone confirm if this is correct?

Thanks
Tony

Just re-read your original post, I think you can keep your time switch for HW and use the prog r/stat for CH.
You need to find out which of the 2 blacks (term 4 RWB7) does hw and which does CH.
Keep the HW wire as is.
If you are already using the prog r/stat ignore this bit - The ch wire should be disconnected and made safe. the supply to the prog r/stat can be taken from a permanent live in the wiring centre.

Hi Mick,

thanks for that - we seem to be up and running using the old RWB7 and your recommendation of running a live from the permanent live to the live of the roomstat - thanks for your help :D

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back