Replacing stone mullions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One set of windows in the house has had the stone mullions removed presumably to let in more light and to take advantage of the nice views. I believe this was done in the early 80's.

The windows need replacing around the whole house so at some point I would like to address replacing the mullions.

We are in a conservation area and so I will need to check with the heritage officer as he may not allow me to replace them but I am assuming at this point he will see sense.

The mullions don't appear to have been supporting the lintel above as this is a lage sandstone affair sat on top of sandstone corbels. The backs of the mullions in the other rooms are hidden by the casing for the sash windows.

Is it possible to replace the mullions without disturbing the lintel or cill? I am wondering whether new mullions could be fitted using a strong epoxy resin for example?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back