Replacing tap with different flexihose connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just about to connect a new kitchen tap, which was supplied with its flexihouse. When I come to connect the non-tap end of the flexihose, it seems that there isn't a suitable connector on the existing pipework. Probably better explained with photos....

The first photo is the existing connector beneath the sink (the left side leads to the water supply, the right side leads to the old tap which is to be replaced).

IMG_4666.JPG

The second photo is the end of the new flexihose supplied with the tap.

IMG_4667.JPG

(The photos just show the cold water connections, the hot water connections are the same)

I'd hoped it would be a simple like-for-like replacement, but that doesn't look to be the case. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Undo the left connection and connect directly to the existing hose. Not the best option but would work.

Ideally you would want to remove the existing hose to the mains and pipe up in copper.

Jon

Yup, that worked. Job done, mother happy. Blindingly obvious once you pointed it out! Yes, piping up from the mains in copper would be best, but it's very hard to reach with the sink already in place. Many thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back