Replacing tiled window sills/boards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I am looking to replace 5 internal window boards which are currently tiled and have wooden ones put in instead. Does anyone have any idea how much this might cost? I have trawled the internet but not had any joy - just lots of advice on how I could do it myself (which is definitely not an option!).

I would appreciate any feedback,

Katree

Sponsored Links
When I did mine about a year ago I paid about £4 a metre from my local builders/timber merchant (rhymes with Pravis Terkins). You can get MDF ones too which are pre-primed and ready for painting for a nominal amount more. They normally come in about 5m lengths but if you take a saw along or ask nicely you can usually get them cut to length for free. You'll only pay for what you use.

If you approach one for a written quote ask for a quote for 40m of one size/depth you don't need, and the correct m in the size you do. Maybe chuck some plaster board on too. Then only order the boards you want. It usually gets the price down a bit more. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back