Replacing Vokera 20-80 RS Flowmatic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Vokera 20-80 RS Flowmatic (28 KW, 11 Ltr/min) which is now about 16 years old and just about on its last legs (making all kinds of noises and giving me hot water about 50% of the time). I have a 2 bed flat with 5 radiators and am looking at the following combi boilers as possible replacements:

Broag Remeha Advanta
Alpha HE 33

I'm looking for something with the same spec (as a minimum), and would welcome any thoughts on the above boilers and any other recommendations you might have.

Thanks in advance!
Steve

Sponsored Links
Out of those two, go for the Broag.
Assuming you only have a shower and/or a bath, then a 28kw would suffice.
The broag is one of the smallest and quietest boilers on the market.

Graham

Thanks Graham. Yeah, one shower/bath so I'm thinking 28kw is good.

Thanks
Steve

I'm curious to know the reason you'd recommend the Broag over the Alpha? Is there another make/model you'd recommend over those 2?

Appreciate your help.
Steve

Sponsored Links
Purely the fact that I have had bad experiences with Alpha's.Personally not a fan of them.

Another brand to look at is Vaillant.They do their pro range, which is a very good boiler. A bit bigger size wise than the broag.

Graham

Fair enough.

So it looks like it's between the Braeg Remeha Avanta, the Vaillant ecoTEC pro 28HE and the Vaillant ecoTEC plus 428.

They seem pretty equal so I guess it comes down to build quality and reliability - would love to hear any advice.

I'm looking at getting these from tradingdepot.co.uk which seems to have pretty good deals. Any experience with them?

Thanks again for any help.
Steve

Steve
The ecotec 428 is a heat only boiler designed to be used with a hot water cylinder.

Graham

I think your 20-80 will be a 24 kW boiler. Thats now the basic entry level and I usually recommend at least 28-30 kW for a replacement.

Dont expect any new boiler to last as long though.

Tony

I'd keep the Vokera unless it is really goosed. It is one of the most reliable easy fixed boilers out there and will cost you less over the next few years than it would on a new condenser. Save your money and go away to the sun for christmas instead.

Boiler is only playacting since it has not been looked after.

I have rescued Flowmatics from death doors to outlast everyday new boilers.. While some parts are short listed, Flowmatic, I put in the same bracket as the Sine 18 or the VCW.

Fix it and keep the money. If you need help, just ask.

forget that, get a vaillant mate. Once 20-80s start to go, most of the time your back year after year with different faults. Also you'll get a lot better hot water flow rate and a quieter boiler if you swap!

Hehehe, I guess there's no such thing as one right answer with this...!

Thanks for the pointers, I'll investigate either getting the Vaillant or fixing the Vokera.

Any recommendations for a reliable boiler guy in Kent?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back