Replacing Wall Mounted Taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The house I have just moved into has a very expensive bath but has cheap wall mounted taps which have now broken. I would like to try and replace them.

The current taps are mounted (seperate taps for hot and cold) on a tiled wall and poke through holes in the tiling (if I can replace them without messing up the toiles that would be good). Through the holes I can see the hot and cold water pipes. The old taps had a spiked collar which was gripped by a similarly spiked female collar inside the tap head; this has been worn away.

What I would like to know is what measurements do I need to take to know which taps to replace them with? And how would I go about replacing them without disruopting teh tilling or the wall behind them?

Sponsored Links
They'll probably be Ideal Standard.

Um, all the measurements!

Cheers Chris -- as a plumbing sub-novice-newbie what does Ideal SDtandard mean? And where do measure from in the old taps... there is a chrome collar coming off the pipe, should I measure from there or from the brass nut on the pipe itself?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back