Replacing water filter to fridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Feel like an eedjit, but don't want to screw things up. Basically I am trying to replace a water filter for our Samsung fridge/freezer. But I can't get the old one off! In particular, I can't remove the tubing from the filter inlet / outlet.

It's one of these:

http://www.pozzani.co.uk/water-filters-1432/product_info.html

However hard I pull, the tube doesn't come off. I know I could just snip the tube a couple of cm away from the filter, but each time I do this the tube will become shorter, and eventually not long enough to reach the fridge!

Does anyone have experience of changing these, with any tips to offer? I did remove the little clip thing, but for the life of me I can't actually see what that does because it doesn't seem to clamp tight on anything, it seems just to act as a spacer.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The plastic ring around where the tube fits needs to be pushed into the filter, and the tube pulled out at the same time.

The spacer clip prevents this from happening when in use.

Sponsored Links
I love this forum. Thanks for the quick reply flameport. Perfect. Job done.

I had completely misunderstood the purpose of the black tubey thing (hollow inside) sticking out of each end of the new filter... had thought perhaps that the water feed tube should push fit over that black tubey thing, over the bulbous bit, so that the feed tube is still on the exterior of the filter, with the clip securing it.

Actually the black tubey thing is closed at the other end (inside the filter) so is actually just a plug which is removed completely from the filter before installing, with the feed tube being pushed right inside the filter in place of the plug.

And yes, the clip is just a spacer, and once that is removed the collar can push in a little, allowing the feed tube just to pull out of the old filter, and then pushed into the new filter before fitting the spacer clip to prevent it coming out.

Sorted.

Actually, the water dispenser on the fridge does seem to drip somewhat after dispensing some water, for 10-20 seconds before stopping. But I recall this happened when the fridge was newly installed, and before we got around to calling the manufacturer to report a fault, the dripping had stopped happening. Maybe this dripping will go away too, over the next few days...

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back