Replacing water pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The water main into my house is in 15 copper pipe from the street. It enters the house at the front and runs across the surface of the oversite concrete to the back of the house. It then runs up the rear wall into the kitchen where the house stop tap is.

I want to replace it with 25 mm mdpe pipe. Is it acceptable to run a new pipe in the same manner? It passes through the front wall (under the outside ground level of course) inside a larger diameter pipe.

Sponsored Links
Mdpe isn’t recommend for being exposed, so better if you can keep it underground. Also that copper being exposed could lead to undue warning of the water contained within the pipe.

It will be underground outside, and then under the suspended timber floor of the house.... running across the oversite. O
I'm wondering if I could clip it to the underside of the joists. This would keep it 3 feet above the oversite concrete. There's no way to run it underneath the oversite.

Was thinking like this....

Attachments

• 20211205_180556.jpg
    20211205_180556.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 50
Sponsored Links
Yes that should work, sorry it sounded misleading when you said oversite, and running up the back wall. This is why sketches/photos help immensely(y) needs to be ducted though.

I would duct it up until it reaches the underside of the joists..... can't see the point in ducting it all the way to the back of the house. It comes in under the lounge floor..... hence the stop cock not appearing until it come through the floor in the kitchen.

You need to insulate and duct it in the void (to avoid freezing and vermin) until it comes up through the floor. Most water providers have a guide with diagrams showing what is required. If you can get them in under the floor then 110mm soil pipe is commonly used.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back