Replacing Wooden Fence posts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have wooden fence panels and one side of the neighbouring wall is now very wobbly and with the storms we are getting i'm not sure how long it will hold up. The fence panels are a bit rotton but not too bad but it's all wobbly because of the actual wooden posts seem loose. It's about 11 years old now. So the question is, is it only wooden posts that become wobbly after years? If i was to replace it with concrete or metal posts will they last and not become wobbly? I want to invest in better posts, I dont mind replacing the panels once in a while but I don't want to keep replacing the posts.

Sponsored Links
Wooden posts rot where they meet the ground eventually. They are a pig to get out of the ground if they're concreted in as you have no leverage.

Concrete posts are the best way forward with a concrete gravel board too. That way your panel is protected from the ground and the posts won't rot either.

Yep, I went for all concrete. I made the decision when I saw some neighbours, probably in late 60s, replacing a panel themselves. Made sense to put something in that will hopefully not need replacing in my lifetime.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back