Replacing Wylex Fuses

DPK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I currently have an old Fuse box where the fuses when blown are replaced by re-wiring. I have bought some of the Wylex switch fuses to replace the old ones. My question is - is it fine to just switch off the fuse box from the main switch and then change over the fuses ? - I know it is only one screw but want to make sure before I do it

thanks

Sponsored Links
Yeah, make sure the main switch is off before you proceed.

A fusebox of that style indicates that your wiring *may* be due for some upgrading.

Thanks - I'm not sure it's a may but more a v much needed . .

by the main switch you are referring to the on/off switch on the fuse box - sorry live in a block of victorian flats so making sure I understand

please read the comments in this thread about the same subject..

basically it's been decided that you can't do it without notifying the LABC as it's changing the circuit protective devices...

PART P.... PART P.... PART P...

and shame on you RF for not mentioning it.. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Leats not restart that argument, but I have given my professional advice, and you have given yours ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back