Replastering after dpc injection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have hacked all the old plaster off an external wall.The old plaster was black ash mortar form 1900 and some recent Carlite brown.A leaking gutter and the DPC meant it had to come off.I plan to apply two coats od sand/cement3:1 and then getv a npro mto skim the wall and the rest of the walls in the house when on site.Which is the cheapest additive to use .Can you skim at anytime or do you need to reskim when wet/dry?

A plasterer said that a modern plaster has thermal qualities for cold walls-any tips?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Your render ratios are wrong, If you cant skim I'd be suprised if you can render, remember that the skim is going to be as bad as the render it's going ontop.

If your going to use sand and cement you prob want a 4:1 scratch with water proofer and a 5:1 deviled coat.

There is little point in getting cheap additives, you will only be saving a couple of quid.

A plasterer said that a modern plaster has thermal qualities for cold walls-any tips?
Thanks

Not so sure about this.
If I were you I'd check out the British Gypsum website on thermal properties of plaster/plasterboards to make your own mind up.

Thanks for your coments-I think limelite will do the trick!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back