Repoession

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was asked to give a property the once over today for a customer who had purchased a repossession.

Electrician in tow I did a check of all water connections.

Did similar job a couple of years ago and just turned the water on only to discover that every tap connection had been undone.

Today did a visual first and discovered that the water pipe into loft tank had been disconnected.

Apart from that all fine and water restored, heating system filled and am now waiting for gassafe to do their bit.

Electrician found no problems and electricity restored.

Have you done anything like this and found previous owner had done anything to ensure a problem for a new owner?

What have you come across or what have you heard about.

Sponsored Links
There's a few properties round my way for sale by the bank with " You buy you die" daubed on the walls.

Banks were also holding auction days for buyers.
High end detached homes with valuations of £150k plus were selling for around £30 - £50k.
Cash buyers only though.

Another bloke we worked for whose business collapsed had accumulated about £750k debt on his property and the bank can't shift him.
Last court ruling the judge ruled against the bank.
Bank tried to make him homeless.

The guy has since sold off about £200k worth of the building materials through sabotage demolition.
We did some of the demolition.
The bank has got sweet fa. :LOL:

Best part is the guy was willing to talk to the bankers before he started demolition.
It nearly made me cry though tearing down our work.:(
About £80k's worth off precast has been sold off.

It's like doing a bank heist with out actually having to wear a balaclava. :LOL:
The guy is on the dole now. His property looks like a bomb site.

We have just refurbished the Heating system in an office block that had been vandalsied and used by Squatters/Druggies etc etc not at all pleasant! :mad:

Sponsored Links
Back