Repositioning a bath waste - what's needed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm putting a new bath in. As you can see in the pic currently we've got a P trap. The position of the new waste is where the tape measure is.

Problem is, I'll be putting down 12mm ply so I've got to ensure some kind of gradient to the main waste.

I was thinking of losing the current trap and running to the new waste with a flexi or would it be better doing a straight run then using a holesaw to make sure the new trap sits low enough?

Under the boards is not an option and I'd like to avoid a shallow trap if I can.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It is very likely that a standard bath trap will sit under the bath without any trouble and you will still manage to get the correct fall for water to evacuate.

Sponsored Links
I also think that it will probably work as it is but if not, you only have to cut back the upright waste and attach a new elbow + pipe + trap to give a sufficient fall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back