Repressurise Worcester 24i boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently moved in to a house and after having a radiator removed for decorating the boiler is at 0 pressure. I've trawled the internet and found a copy of the manual but to be perfectly honest it's a useful as a chocolate teapot and tells me nothing. As far as I can see, there is no key and no filling pipe. Wondered if somebody could help me (I'm hoping it will be obvious to those in the know)! Pictures to follow...

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the response, I have actually already seen that video but am pretty sure that there isn't a key. The house that I moved from had a similar boiler to the one in the video so I am familiar with how that works. Am really puzzled as to what to do.

Sponsored Links
The blue pipe in the last picture looks interesting. Is it connected between the cold supply and one side of the heating circuit?

I really don't know much about this sort of thing so I'm not really sure. If you look at the picture of the boiler with the pipes running down, the blue pipe is located in cupboard below which is to the right of the picture near the stop tap. The dishwasher is to to right of the blue pipe. Not sure if this helps in the slightest to be honest but thought I'd point it out.

Can you trace the larger diameter copper pipe that the blue is connected to, back to the boiler. Is it the pipe on the right hand side in the first picture.?

Yes it is connected to the boiler but it's connected to the pipe that is second on the left in the first picture, labelled central heating flow.

The blue pipe is almost certainly the filling loop, although it's a bit unusual because as far as I can see it only has a single ball valve, on the end connected to the copper pipe.

I would try opening that valve briefly while keeping one eye on the boiler pressure gauge. Don't let it go much above 1 bar and make sure it's securely turned off when the filling and bleeding of radiators is complete.

If the valve opens but nothing happens there may be a second valve at the far end of the blue pipe which is hidden in the picture.

Exactly as you said, tried the first one but nothing and there was a second valve which did the job! Thank you so much for your help, saved us some much needed cash calling out a plumber!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back