Repressurising Saunier Duval F23E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have had low pressure on my boiler for a couple of weeks or so, just above 1 bar. We are due for a boiler service in a few days so I figured we'd wait till then to get it sorted as the CH and DHW seemed to be working fine.

I took a couple of rads off in the last couple of days to allow the walls to be plastered and I've left them off for now until we decorate.

Firstly, I was led to believe that removing rads wouldn't affect the CH around the rest of the house but I was sceptical at the time and now I think this may be contributing to my current issue which is....

I turned on the CH this morning and it worked fine, a couple of the rads were only warming up around half way so I bled the rads and now the boiler pressure is down at 0.

I've looked at other posts but I don't seem to have any isolating valves or taps at all on any of the pipes so I can't see any way of repressurising the boiler at all.

I am happy to pay out for an engineer (in fact as above, one is coming in a few days) and will even pay out for a new boiler if necessary (sounds like it would be a good idea with the comments I've seen on SD) but if anyone can give me a hand to get the pressure back up in the meantime that would be great.

One last thing, the boiler has been leaking for a while which I don't think is the cause of this but may be contributing.

Look forward to hearing from anyone that can help :D

Sponsored Links
Finally found the filling loop after taking the kitchen units apart. I've got the pressure back up to 1.5bar but now a warning light is on (I think it's the airflow light?)

Any ideas? Also my question regarding taking rads off stands.

try resetting it. Can you give the exact boiler model? any info you can find? i suspect this might be a rare model of sd that followed on from the infamous thelias.

Not sure of the exact model, the info near the controls is as follows: Thema F23E Adjusted G20

If by resetting it you mean turning it off and on, I've done that. That clears the air circuit warning light when I turn it back on but as soon as I turn on CH or DHW the light comes on. It stays on constantly for a while and then starts flashing.

Sponsored Links
unfortunately this is quite a rare boiler that was only produced for 2 yrs.. 2000-2002. THe manual doesnt seem to explain what the light conditions indicate. Your best hope is to find a very good local repair engineer, or call Group Service(vaillant/glowworm) who can offer you a fixed price repair or service contract.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back