Request to Mod 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
It wasn't necessarily 'deleted' - Moderator posts can be set to expire after a predefined period of time, with the result that they disappear.

Hold your horses, Shytalkz - surely the problem is Moderator 4, not 7.
It was 7 yesterday; 4 joined in today, with 7 getting in on the end and locking a forum. And then they both went back to their shelves.

As suggested before, I urge you not to be insulting towards him; given enough time, he'll be caught out.
There was nothing insulting. Although clearly the mods think that asking for their reasons as to their actions is an insult. Or sarcastic. Either results in the post being binned - and as ever, without explanation.

It was 7 yesterday; 4 joined in today, with 7 getting in on the end and locking a forum.
Yebbut Moderator 4 wrote this:

youve been told the route to follow if you are not happy with how a thread is modded. This is to prevent threads being ruined and going off topic. As i said before similar posts that bring nothing to the thread or are sarcastic and insulting will be removed.
...which implies that he was the one who removed sooey's innocuous post.

There was nothing insulting.
Um, but there was this:

And then they both went back to their shelves.

Sponsored Links
I suppose the reason that my post was removed was because I wrote a naughty word for bum, and bypassed the swear filter by substituting a 4 for the letter A.

But to imply it was removed for being off topic in a thread about truckers that had deviated as far as it had is ridiculous. Besides, in a general discussion forum the fact that a discussion turns to something else is perfectly natural, and as one poster said is the reaon why he loves this forum.

To then go on and lock the thread because of some criticism smacks of childishness on the part of the moderators, and they need to think about the possible consequences of such actions.

Well, let's test the water.

Bum.

Oh yes we should all be really grateful for the quality of moderating on the '"truckers" topic.

:sarcastic-sneering-emoticon:

----------------

Attempt to bypass swear filter edited

Moderator 9

...But to imply it was removed for being off topic in a thread about truckers that had deviated as far as it had is ridiculous. Besides, in a general discussion forum the fact that a discussion turns to something else is perfectly natural, and as one poster said is the reaon why he loves this forum...
There is of course the "most meandering thread on the forum" thread in the general forum, maybe we should just post everything in there - at least that would remove one excuse for the high-handedness currently being displayed ;).

And I can't believe that your post was canned for that, Sooey. Oh yes I can, come to think of it.

Yet Softus' test post has now been edited for the same thing, by a different mod. Which is a perfect illustration of the inconsistency being applied, perhaps they're all football referrees. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back