Let's try again, then

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a very good anology, but i think a better one would be Ulster,there you have more or less the same elements historically that you have with Israel. The Scots colonisation of Ulster was justified by claiming that they were returning to a land that was occupied by their ancestors a long time ago.
And we all know how well that worked out...

Sponsored Links
Our government will never side with the Palestinians. The Jewish Israelis living in this country have too much influence over the government, so much so, they may as well run the country.
I agree but you should draw a distinction between jews and Zionists because there are jews who are opposed to what is happening in paleststine while there are christians who support Israel.

Israel was a gift to the Jewish people to salve the collective consciousness of the World after what happened to them during the holocaust. If there hadn't been a holocaust there wouldn't be an Israel and the Palestinian problem wouldn't be there.

This is a very good anology, but i think a better one would be Ulster,there you have more or less the same elements historically that you have with Israel. The Scots colonisation of Ulster was justified by claiming that they were returning to a land that was occupied by their ancestors a long time ago.
And we all know how well that worked out...
The similarities are striking in that they both invoke the bible and history to justify their claim to the land. In the case of the Ulster Scots they claim that they originally came from Ulster and were driven out by the Irish from the south they took refuge in western alba which they renamed Scotland and then returned when it was gods will.

Sponsored Links
Israel was a gift to the Jewish people to salve the collective consciousness of the World after what happened to them during the holocaust. If there hadn't been a holocaust there wouldn't be an Israel and the Palestinian problem wouldn't be there.
That is incorrect Joe, the colonisation of palestine started long before thr holocaust. The Zionist project was concieved around the turn of the 20th century by Theodore Hertzl jews were buying up land in palestine for settlement long before the second world war,so much so that the palestine authorities banned jews from buying land because they realised what was going on

So, as I said, it wouldn't have gone ahead without the holocaust.

Remembering some of your older posts that bit made me smile coming from you joe, i'll say no more ;)

So, as I said, it wouldn't have gone ahead without the holocaust.
Migration to palestine accelerated after the holocaust for obvious reasons, but the aim of Zionists was to create a jewish state in palestine this predated the holocaust .The main reason the Zionists achieved their aim of a jewish state was because of a campaign of terrorism directed against the British army who were withdrawn by the government. This allowed the Zionists to then evict the palestinians

"I'm sorry - I can't come in to work today, the voices are telling me to stay at home and clean the guns."

This is BAS's signature on another forum.

Just curious as to why someone who pontificates as much as he does on the subject of "unlawful killing" would adopt a signature clearly associated with the same subject. Care to answer BAS?

killroynew.gif

Wot no BAS.

"I'm sorry - I can't come in to work today, the voices are telling me to stay at home and clean the guns."

This is BAS's signature on another forum.

Just curious as to why someone who pontificates as much as he does on the subject of "unlawful killing" would adopt a signature clearly associated with the same subject. Care to answer BAS?
Maybe it's ironic.

The thing is, every time someone like you criticises me, or tries to find irrelevant ways to attack me, that just proves I'm right.

Careful, BAS, you're entering into Joe territory there - and you wouldn't want to be tarred with that brush now, would you :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back