Reroof regularisation and loft insulation (how much should I add?)

It is also how my LA interprets it because he wasn't interested when I added my re-roof to an extension BC application.

Sponsored Links
It is also how my LA interprets it because he wasn't interested when I added my re-roof to an extension BC application.
I know several inspectors who don't check the foundation depths, the roof structure, DPC or drainage. And others that don't charge for adding stuff to an application when they should. Does that make it correct and un accordance with the regulations?

Have you read the regulations or the Act? (even the snip I posted), or the bits that define what a thermal element is? Where does it say that the roof is exempt if it has a ceiling?

Don't confuse laziness with what is actually required.

I hadn't realised you have worked in every local authority building control section in England and Wales!
And yet you apparently have. So what did they do at the other 614 authorities you have graced with your presence? Did every old boss say "nah mate, the regulations are wrong"?

Or have you been on the cheese again?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back