Reroute a power flue?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

Long time lurker, first time poster! :mrgreen:

I have a power flue exiting through my gable-end wall from behind my gas fire, but I'd like to put an attached garage onto that end of the house. It'll probably be a lean-to concrete sectional one.

The flue exit looks just like this (click for larger pic):

Is it possible to add ducting or something to reroute the power flue to exhaust outside of the garage, either vertically or horizontally?

If not, how much clearance would be required if I was to install a free-standing garage close to the wall (assuming a removable panel can be fitted to the garage wall for access)?

Cheers,
Chris

Sponsored Links
No ducting can be added to that flue. Makers inst instructions will give minimum clearances for structures adjacent to flue.

Yeah, looks like a Kiinder, so no alternative flue. Instead of compromising on a garage, look at changing the fire to a PARAGON TURBUFLE. You can duct. But speak to supplier BEFORE finalising garage plans. You will need to consider the fire when designing the garage.

Hi chaps,

Thanks for your speedy replies - that's thrown a spanner in the works, this could really scupper my garage plans!

expertgasman - A Paragon Turboflue, is that a replacement flue, or as part of a replacement fire too?

Thanks again,
Chris

Sponsored Links
[quote="helvellyn950m";p="2067325"]Hi chaps,

Thanks for your speedy replies - that's thrown a spanner in the works, this could really scupper my garage plans!

expertgasman - A Paragon Turboflue, is that a replacement flue, or as part of a replacement fire too?

Thanks again,
Chris[/quote]

I can't beleive I was moderated! I did mention products we sell, but made no attempt to sell product!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back