boiler flue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, just a question about a boiler flue if anyone could help? Im a bit confused about getting the flue extended before I put a roof on a lean-to. Theres no way Im touching it as Im not legally allowed too, but im being told different things by people who are. It exits horizontal about 1ft below lean-to and before any roof goes on I think the flue has to go up by about 3ft to give clearance. Whats confusing is one chap has said two 45 bends on the exterior,300mm clearance above lean-to,600mm away from wall with a vertical terminal will be ok. Another chap says it has to exit boiler vertically first then out horizontally (bigger job because of kitchen cieling) and another chap said a 90 bend kit outside up through lean-to will do it. It is a glow worm ultimate 40ff gas boiler. Who do I believe and which is the correct and safest option. I am not gas safe which is why someone will have to do the job for me but because Ive been told 3 different ways its confused me in thinking which will be correct. Any advise would be very helpfull, many thanks.

Sponsored Links
dont think you can get any flue parts for this boiler. Difficult to comment on proposals without seeing the job. You should think about relocating or replacing the boiler. Has anyone checked the maximum permissable flue length?

Hard to tell from a distance what will work and what is safe and legal.
The only correct way to go about this is to find a good RGI, and just let him get on with it.

Sponsored Links
Parts were very hard to track down but Ive managed to find a merchants who say they can get them and have quoted a price too. I have read the manual and it allows 3m of flue but not including any bends. I spoke to a friend of a friend yesterday who says he has fitted boilers in the past and he informed me the terminal will be fine under the lean-to, even with 3 sides enclosed, as all the gases are burnt??? It goes without saying he will not be doing any jobs on my boiler. Ive rang for a registered engineer to come and quote me a proper job. Thanks for your replies, appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back