Reset Accenta 6 House Alarm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

I have recently moved in to a new house that is fitted with an Accenta 6 alarm.

I was advised by the previous owner that the battery for the alarm needs replacing, so I have just purchased a replacement.

What I would like to know, is how do I now reset the alarm once the new battery's fitted?

The current battery isn't attached to the alarm, and the fuse has been pulled out. But every time I attach the battery or plug the fuse back in, the alarm sounds!

Can someone provide step-by-step instructions as to what I should do? The previous owner has provided me with the pin number for the alarm.

Thanks in advance.

Matty

Sponsored Links
Hello All,
Can someone provide step-by-step instructions as to what I should do? The previous owner has provided me with the pin number for the alarm.

Thanks in advance.

Matty

- Connect the battery
- close the panel
- put the fuse back in the spur
- enter code into keypad.
- press reset

Hello All,

Thanks in advance.

Matty

- Connect the battery
- close the panel
- press reset

I thought it was 'mains first'.

Sponsored Links
Hello All,

Thanks in advance.

Matty

- Connect the battery
- close the panel
- press reset

I thought it was 'mains first'.

not if it was decommisioned in the correct order by the ex owner, mains first when its crashed

So it's battery first then? I could have sworn you've changed your tune.

But Saxondale said the other month:

"assuming you have 240v to the fused spur it just needs a new control panel battery

power it all down (outside sounder should be ringing)

mains on

connect new battery

replace lid

enter code"

So what gives huh? I guess Saxondale isn't man enough to admit he was wrong.

He wasn't and isn't wrong.
You are. You don't appear to know anything thing about a crashed panel and a simple dead battery.
And please don't tell us what it says in the manual. I can assure you we don't put everything in the manuals.

Security Supplies is a shopkeeper. Now let's take this to the TECHNICAL level. Saxondale can't as he admits he has no knowledge of electronics.

Do you know the two people you refer to???
I'll take that as a NO then.

I on the other hand do know them AND can vouch for their credentials.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back