Response Globalguard Review

I think I'm all set for "PowerMax Complete" kit then. Found a local seller (only a mile from my house) who has agreed to match the price. As I'm not very confident with this, I thought it'll be best to buy it from a seller local to me.
I've also found "PowerMaxComplete" Installer guide. Going to print it out and would read through it and I'm pretty sure it'll help me immensely.

E999 would you kind enough to just set out few pointers for me. For example install this first then do this and then this. Also if there's anything I should watch out for. I'm hoping to tackle this at this weekend. Going on holidays in March so I want to have it up and running along with IP camera before end of this month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Good purchase..........use the quick start manual for initial installation as the main manual is a nightware...

Just make sure the supplier has UK product as its 50/50 right now....

Thanks for your quick reply.

I'm assuming quick start installation which you've recommended would come with the kit?
Apart from asking the seller, is there another way of confirming its a UK product?

I got the kit yesterday. Asked the seller if it was a UK product and he confirmed it is. Also all the manuals are in English so I'm assuming its for UK market?
Shop owner recommended a local installer so I called him and he came round. Negotiated the quotation to £100 (fitting the kit + 1 extra PIR and 1 extra door/window contact). He'll fit it tomorrow afternoon. Is this good price? I've never had alarm fitted by a pro so I don't know anything about the prices in this sector. He's told me he has fitted over 1500 of Powermax kits so far so that gave me a lot of confidence about him!
I'm planning to add more PIRs and door/window contacts as and when needed including GSM, Powerlink cards etc.. these are the things I can do myself afterwards can't I?

Sponsored Links
If someone is fitting a powermax for 100 sheets I'd be very worried.....

Even for a friend I would never charge less than 200.....

Peanuts and monkeys springs to mind....at leat you can meet them first off...good luck!

E999 you've got me worried now. :confused:

I'll see how I feel when he'll start work tomorrow. If I won't feel comfortable with what he's doing, I'll tell him to leave!

Fitting a std pmax Visonic kit is never less than 300!

Supply and fit 550-600.....any less , I would be worried especially if its a stranger...

If its a local company then no issue BUT if its an individual brace yourself!

Just to provide an update.
Alarm was fitted on Saturday. Fitter did a great job. I just can't fault it. Everything is working as expected.
E999 I can't thank you enough for all your help. Without your help I probably would had ended up buying a Response Globalguard and then would had regretted afterwards!!!

Glad it's gone well for you - I am stuck with a Honeywell/Friedland/Response system that feels like junk attached to the house.
Thanks to Matt for sharing his advice throughout this thread.
I'm thinking of getting a couple of CCTV cameras, probably wireless, and a monitor, if anyone has some quick suggestions I would be grateful. Thanks.

If it wasn't for the invaluable advise in this thread I would had made the same mistake. Visonic feels like a quality product and best of all now I can add more PIRs, door/windows sensors and a lot of other accessories as and when I can afford to do that.
Let's hope one of the expert would recommend a good CCTV camera system for you. :)

Glad it's gone well for you - I am stuck with a Honeywell/Friedland/Response system that feels like junk attached to the house.
I'm thinking of getting a couple of CCTV cameras, probably wireless, and a monitor, if anyone has some quick suggestions I would be grateful. Thanks.

Your very welcome....! Its nice to pass on experience...

On the CCTV forget wireless.......Go down the Samsung techwin route...Brilliant quality and currently you can find at chinese prices - really good deals to be had.....4CH go for SRD-470 or 8CH we recently bought a SRD-840 for 200UKP with 500GB HDD - I had to put a larger HDD in as it was for a take away and was amazed the HDD was genuine Seagate - how can they make money???

I wasn't too sure why I wrote wireless - do they not have power cables regardless?
Thanks for the suggestion and I will be looking this one up now.

Your very welcome....! Its nice to pass on experience...

On the CCTV forget wireless.......Go down the Samsung techwin route...Brilliant quality and currently you can find at chinese prices - really good deals to be had.....4CH go for SRD-470 or 8CH we recently bought a SRD-840 for 200UKP with 500GB HDD - I had to put a larger HDD in as it was for a take away and was amazed the HDD was genuine Seagate - how can they make money???

Hi there I have been reading your thread and echo the comments on sound advice. I will be going for the visonic, ref the CCTV Samsung SRD 470 what cameras would you use or is there anywhere that does a complete set.

Also the powerlink module can that just be plugged into my bt broadband infinity router and will be able to work with the alarm system?

You will not go wrong with SRD-470 machine its great value BUT when it comes to cameras regarless of what DVR we fit, we always use Samsung.....

You many of these smaller UK outfits offering nitedevil, alien , all sorts of silly names and its purely chinese rubbish with a sticker put on it and a spec to match samsung - Take note!! ( compare side by side and its immediately apparent).

For Domes go for SCV-2081 or bullet SCO-2080 ....identical cams just different packages....Ring 01291 421111, speak with Max, they'll price match any UK official stockist...watch out for the non uk samsung,,,,,,I recently hit this when buying a visonic alarm - faulty and visonic UK would not offer any support!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back