response professional PA6/PA8 alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there
is it possible to turn off one of the PIR movement detectors so i can leave the cat during the winter period.
i have the instruction manual but still not sure how to do it
thanks in advance for your help
Ivan

Sponsored Links
you need to setup program 2 or 3 for your arm procedure, just remember to program an exit mode.

[/u]

Sponsored Links
You could also design a physical cover for the kitchen sensor so it can't see or replace that sensor with a pet friendly version.

a physical cover for the kitchen sensor so it can't see
Probably not applicable in this case but some sensors can detect being "blinded" and they then go into tamper mode.

Screening its view of cat accessible areas but allowing it to see other areas would work but only if you can define where the cat can and cannot get to.

Before any one asks I do not know the type that detect being blinded neither do I know what method is used to detected being blinded.

a physical cover for the kitchen sensor so it can't see
Probably not applicable in this case but some sensors can detect being "blinded" and they then go into tamper mode.

Screening its view of cat accessible areas but allowing it to see other areas would work but only if you can define where the cat can and cannot get to.

Before any one asks I do not know the type that detect being blinded neither do I know what method is used to detected being blinded.
thanks everyone
hes a very old cat and may freeze with the weather changing i thought i could just isolate that room so he could stay in there, would be better to buy a pet friendly PIR for that room
Ivan m

Got a pic cannot see what panel you exactly have.
You can be talked thru a manual omit every time but a home set would be the easiest.

Even a old cat can bounce about at times and cause a false alarm.

A bit of lateral thinking.

You could provide the cat with a cosy little refuge from the cold with a low voltage low wattage heater to keep the chill off. For our elderly cat it was a carry cage with a heating pad under the blanket. The first quick build pad was a couple of dozen 560 ohm resistors fed with 12 volts. The resistors were rated at 1 watt disipating about 1/4 watt each so did not get hot, only warm.

The de-luxe version was a temperature controlled version using a thermistor and transistor on a heat sink forming the floor of a small hutch.

Alarm. its an old optima 6 zone badged as response

Was thinking that, but easier to be sure.

Should help then.

Omitting a zone, clear or in fault may be done by during the exit period. Pressing the
OMIT button will change the exit tone to an omit tone, pressing0 resets any false
selections, pressing 2 selects zone two etc. The relevant zone indicators will now flash
to show the zones which are about to be turned off. When selection is complete, press
the set button and the exit tone will continue. A maximum of three of the four zones
may be omitted in this way.
The panel may be ‘quick set’ if required when the user is not leaving the building.
After entering the user code press SET, the system will now set in five seconds. Note
that from omit section the SET button has to be pressed twice

Who could be bothered to do that whenever you want to go out?

Some cheap ;) systems have a much simpler way of part setting.

Sometimes correct answers are left on here...............................

Mods have been active

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back