Restoring Exterior Windows Concrete Mouldings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
The concret moulding around my exterior window frame are crumbling.
Could I have your opinions on the best way to restore them - should this be done by a professional? Looks like it would involve me shaping the ciment to reform the original shape and not sure if I'm capable.
Cheers
Ian

Sponsored Links
I think you'd best get it checked by a structural engineer first to see if it's superficial or more serious - otherwise you'll repair one part only to find it going elsewhere.

As far as repair is concerned I used to use an epoxy resin based mortar as this bonded well and was easy to work with however that was many years ago and I don't know what's currently on the market. It depends on the scale of the problem.

Thanks for this.
The damage is purely cosmetic - the concrete isn't supporting any structure but is for decoration.

I would need to get a paste I could mould with but something not too smooth as the mouldings that aren't damaged have a slight ripple effect on their surface.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back