restoring pine wooden floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am in the process of restoring 4 pine floors-victorian,i have replaced several boards however there are a few with scratches and small holes,splits etc.I was just wondering whether there is a filler on the market i could use or if i could use the sawdust following sanding mix with a glue?Many thanks john

Sponsored Links
I am in the process of restoring 4 pine floors-victorian,i have replaced several boards however there are a few with scratches and small holes,splits etc.I was just wondering whether there is a filler on the market i could use or if i could use the sawdust following sanding mix with a glue?Many thanks john

Aren't you able to just sand down the scratches and small holes?
With splits, I have glued the cracks and then sanded when dry. I've seen people use a sawdust / PVA mix to fill in the gaps between floorboards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back