Restricted permitted development rights?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

Is there anything like Restricted permitted development rights on mid-80s build houses? my postcode is en2 7ep (Enfield council) and I own a freehold mid terraced house. The reason I'm asking is that an advisor told me this but I cant find anything relevant regarding this on google. thank you for your help.

Sponsored Links
Yes there is. You should check with your LPA, but they don't usually tell you just like that. You might have to submit an official enquiry which carries a cost. Some people do ask under freedom of information but it's obviously a bit more drawn out that way.

Check the original planning permission for the house or the estate.

Check for an area "Article 4" Directive, which would be recorded on the Local Plan.

FWIW, I can't see any constraints attached to previous applications within that postcode - although number 34's PD rights in respect of windows and doors have been curtailed (assuming the associated application was implemented)

Sponsored Links
Thank you guys. I booked a phone call with the local planning officer for tomorrow. let's see what they have to say regarding this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back