Retaining Clip for kitchen units plinth

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys when removing my plinth in the Kitchen I snapped a little plastic clip holding it on.
Ive tried superglue but it was rubbish and didn't work

Is there any adhesive out there that will do it?

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Probably should have posted this elsewhere but do the clips look anything like the ones shown in the link below?

If so, I would be tempted to buy a new set rather than try and glue snapped plastic.

The below is just a guide. You can find these cheaper elsewhere.

B

http://www.screwfix.com/p/unika-pli...rch-_-SearchRec-_-Area1&_requestid=214320#_=p

No sorry i should have said there not like a generic clip. I bought them from a shop called Ponsfords who do weird and wonderful rare things about 5 years ago now and just know they won't have or be able to get the replacment latch.

Sponsored Links
Can you post a picture please?

Someone on here may well know where to source a replacement

B

I have had many plastic clips break this way. I have generally replaced them with the standrad metal ones. Seemed to wrok ok, and available from most big shed DIY places.

I know this is an old post but I wanted to ask a question about the plinth clips in the screwfix link at the top. If I use these, how do they unclip to remove? I'm actually intending to use them to create an access panel to get to the stop tap in my kitchen.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, I bought the plinth clips before your reply and also went bk to screwfix for Keku clips. Plinth clips were a waste of money, Keku clips seem good.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back