Retaining wall question/advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey people, I want to build a raised bed out of sleepers against my garage wall. I only want to build three sides out of the sleepers and butt this up against the actual garage brick wall which would make the fourth side.

Now, I know this isn't the best way of doing things, but I have my reasons. The main issue is obviously moisture, especially as I will be going way above the Dpc.

Now I was thinking that I could run a batton along the brick wall which would hold enough DPM in place to cover and protect the brickwork - now to my question, would this be enough protection so as to not cause moisture damage in the long run????

Thanks in advance

Martin

Sponsored Links
How high do you intend to make the raised bed?
Normally a liquid dpm is enough, something like three coats of synthaprufe.. making sure you allow for a splash zone above the top of the bed..

At its highest point it will be about 500mm above the dpc of the garage wall... I was thinking of using a DPM sheet battoned to the wall, which would allow the wall to breath and then liqued DPM the wall above this to cover for a splash zone....

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back