retaining wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone advise on ballpark costs for someone to build a retaining wall.

The wall needs to go between me and my neighbours property. Very good access to both sides from the road, which also has excellent access. We are side onto a hill, my driveway rises from the pavement to approx. 4ft higher on the flat.

There is currently a hedge separating with just rubble and fill under my drive looking in from my neighbours property (probably been like that since it was built in the 50's) but I want to completely landscape the garden and redo my drive, etc, so want to do a proper job and do a retaining wall whilst I am at it.

It needs to be 27m long and about 1.5M high.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Dunno but were doing one at the moment which is 65m long.
For 30m its 3.6m tall and the rest rises to 4.8m tall.

£40k will just about do it.

You've got no chance of getting any sort of meaningful or remotely accurate estimate from a forum, for that type of work.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies.

I think you have a fair point Woody. I was only after a 'stab in the dark' figure.

But as they are varying from 12 - 40k I guess your point is proved correct. I need to get a 'man' round to take a look. Or maybe 3 men !!!

The £40k estimate (Norcon) bears no resemblance to your wall so ignore it.

Freddies is high side (probably).

The one I gave is a best case scenario.

Woody is right though.

I built a retaining wall (as a DIY-er), 80 ft long, 3 ft high and 9 in thick using about 600 18 x 9 x 4 inch concrete blocks. Total cost was less than £1000 (this includes concrete footings and mortar).

I built a retaining wall (as a DIY-er), 80 ft long, 3 ft high and 9 in thick using about 600 18 x 9 x 4 inch concrete blocks. Total cost was less than £1000 (this includes concrete footings and mortar).
Whilst your efforts are admirable they are also pointless to the OP.

Ok cheers guys.

GoferBlue - Thanks mate, I am a pretty decent DIYer and no doubt, I could build it myself, but it will take me 10x longer !!! But £1k is worth thinking about.

noseall - I agree with you. My gut feeling was about £10k. So looking at the figures quoted, I reckon 10 - 15k would do it. Which is a huge amount of money to build a friggin wall !!

I think I might get some brickies round to quote and see what they say.

Cheers everyone.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back