Retarders for Myson Vitesse / Velaire 50/60 oil boiler

3 Mar 2010
Reaction score
United Kingdom

I am trying to source retarders for a Myson Vitesse / Velaire 50/60 oil boiler as the existing ones have cracked or missing insulation. Myson tell me the part is not available any more and I should replace the boiler. As the boiler is in good general condition all I need is a set of retarders. Does anyone know of a stockist of obsolete Myson parts? If the parts are not available is it possible to replace just the insulation and if so with what type of insulation.

Many thanks.
Sponsored Links
I was asked to go to repair a 1967 boiler today. A Servowarm to be exact!

Perhaps yours is even older?

Why not get a nice new boiler which will have spares for at least the next 10 years?

Hi Tony

As I indicated the boiler is in excellent condition with the exception of the retarders. As all the burner parts are still easily available it seems a shame to have to purchase a new boiler at a cost of £1200+ if the retarder problem can be sorted.

Take the measurements of the existing ones and find a local blacksmith/sheet metal firm to make them for you?
Sponsored Links
You should be able to get a local Engineering Co to make up new ones, and a sheet of 10mm Ceramic Fibre b oard from Partscenter should enable you to renovate your Vittesse, which was made between 1989 - 1995 I think so not overly old for an oily as you are in Wiltshire, have a look at the Grant VTX 21 when the time comes for replacement there UK base is in Devizes ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local