retro stops to upvc windows


29 Jul 2008
Reaction score
United Kingdom
we have upvc sash and case windows and the wife would like stops to the windows so that she can leave the windows open without the fear of the kids opening the windows further and jumping out!

anyone any ideas where i can source something like this?

I guess it would need to fix to the upper casement so that it prevents the lower sash from rising too much?
Sponsored Links
After supplying a job that we had to go out to and retro fit sunk in restrictors to when our customer decided they did in fact want travel restrictors (nightmare to fit after the steel is in the sashes.), we now fit them as standard. They are very unobtrusive and easy to use. You could try and get a company to fit them for you - they are known as shark fin restrictors. Any other restrictor is probably going to ruin the look of the window, but i'm sure you can get some face mounted ones that will do the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links