Eurocell or Swish Upvc Windows?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have the option of Swish or Eurocell double glazed upvc Windows installed in my cottage.

I don't want tilt and turn other than where I absolutely have to. Swish can't apparently do side opening windows because the windows are too tall so they have to be bottom opening, not sure I fancy bottom opening (the cottage currently has wood sliding sash but can't afford to replace with wood sash or upvc sash). Eurocell say they CAN do side opening that high. Prices are similar so I'd appreciate opinions from anyone who has experience of either or both systems as to if one is better than the other? Of course the salesmen say both are excellent. If I have to pick by how they open I will, but would like to see if one is better than the other generally.

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
99% of pvc profiles nowadays are pretty much on par with each other, much of a muchness we say and there isn't really a bad profile apart from duraflex, some are more fitter friendly than others but it doesn't mean the ones that aren't are inferior, i've fitted many profiles in the last 25 years, mainly Rehau which was the go to profile during the 90's and still a good one in my opinion but there are just as good now, eurocell is right up there with the best and is british, out of your two choices I prefer the eurocell on fitter friendlyness and aesthetics, however all that said a lot of what the finished job looks like is down to the fitting, a common phrase used in the trade is 'a poor window fitted well is better than a quality window fitted badly'

Sponsored Links
Have you not thought about getting your old windows restored.
Thanks for the question. We are doing alot of building work and there are only 5 wooden sash staying where they are. All the windows at the back are a mishmash of modern stuff. The sashes have already been upgraded at some point to double glazed units, but narrow ones. We may just have to leave them as they are for now as funds are so tight on the building work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back