Retrofit insulation under concrete slab

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In my 1930's semi I have a solid concrete slab as part of the floor, the other part is suspended wooden floor, with a cellar underneath, should I insulate the concrete slab and if so what insulation should I use and how should I attach it?

Sponsored Links
I take it you have access Via the cellar to the underside of the concrete slab? as well as the suspended timber floor?

There appears at least up here in the far frozen north, temperature to day not above 0C that there is a so called free scheme to get your floors Insulated? but I have the feeling that you would have to be on any sort of state benefit to qualify?

Ken

Thanks for the reply, I was really looking for advice on how to do the job, I'm not really looking for free schemes. I'm part way through insulating under the wooden floor and am now thinking about the next stage. I do have access to the underside of both floors.

From what you say, how does sticking some Celotex or similar slab insulation onto the concrete underside sound? Consider No Nails adhesive (the spirit based stuff) and support the slabs with a prop of some sort as it sets.
I presume there are no damp issues here?
John :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back