Reusing embedded shower pipework currently connected to Mira 8 shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old Mira 8 shower, with valve, hot and cold supply, and mixed water supply to the shower head all embedded in wall plaster and behind tiles.

The valve and its connections are accessible by removing a plate, and you can see three connections, presumably 1/2" BSP? The hot and cold pipes come from above and connect to the sides of the valve body with 90 degree connectors.

I think I can get access to either remove/replace or rotate the elbows so that they face outward.

My question is whether I can get a exposed thermostatic valve that will sit on the existing hot and cold supply pipework. I believe the pipes in the wall run at 154mm centres. The embedded pipe in the wall supplying mixed shower water will not be used - an external exposed pipe will feed the shower head.

I have investigated whether a straight swap into the existing pipework with a new flush fit valve was possible, but was informed "no, there is nothing with dimensions compatible with pipes for the valve body of the Mira 8."

I just wanted to check that this alternative idea - finding an exposed valve with supply pipes at c 154mm centres will work. Any and all help welcome.
full

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back