reversing motor

As regards the use of the star point as a pseudo-neutral, for a small load, when no neutral is supplied, I have certainly seen this done on American 3 phase equipment, actully, now I remember it better I have feeling the whole thing was fed by a 3 phase auto- transformer primary, rather than a true motor load, and it was the non-existant neutral at the star point of this transformer that was used. I do remember being a bit surprised not to find a phase-phase double wound transformer.
It worked as the off balance load was only a few % of the full 3 phase load.
I'm not saying its a good thing - just that you may find things like this, particularly in imported apparatus designed for the north american market, and not to be too surprised.

Sponsored Links
I have also seen this, but the motor needs to be in star config, not delta. And this is rare.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back