Reversion Application

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A Friend of mine who is a building contractor built 2 identical houses via aproved inspectors.

Many different inspectors (due to leaving) visited the property through the build. Cut the story short the second to last inspector made final visit and advised a hand rail and other minor things need to be completed and final certification will be issued.
Now the contractor got busy with other things and took about 3 months to contact the AI to inform them the works are complete. A new inspector visited previous one left. He inspected the property and sent a letter with about 12 defects which was seen by previous inspectors and signed off (no evidence). This created a dispute for several months and the AI cancelled the notice passed the case to the LA.
The LA wants to see any photos structural reports, sound test etc. The one thing they are concerend are thers no disabled access. The house having main side entrance from a a out 90cm alley.

Disabled access shud have been Picked up by AI during the build? No mention of this on the building regs schedule.
What about planning application shud they have highlighted it?

LA have asked for a £1550 fee. Exessive???

Can LA enforce if fee is not paid and dispute everything. What do u say about the additional works they will point when it was signed off by AI

Where does he stand on this?.

Sponsored Links
I would like to think there were full building regs drawing done by an architect and submitted for plan checking before work started?

An Architect wouldve done the drawings to comply with part M, so I can’t understand why the access to the front door was addressed before work even started.

Personally I think the AI system is a mess - they are always closing down, going bust, being taken over. There is no continuity. The inspectors working for them have far too many jobs on their schedule - I had one inspector that had over 300, no wonder he was never on site for more than 3 mins

Thanx Notch

No mention of disabled access on building regs drawings

Also would it not been picked up planning during the process

Sponsored Links
Nothing to do with planning. Building inspectors can pick things up at anytime. It's the applicant's responsibility to comply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back