Reviving oil

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a couple of 12 month old planks, oak and sweet cheshnut, just sanded washed and planned which I want to use as shelving. The grain is good and I reckon the colour in the oak will look good as well,

To bring to the maximum colour and grain definition should I use reviving oil as well as finishing oil ?

Attachments

• WP_20191219_001.jpg
    WP_20191219_001.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 165
Sponsored Links
I have a couple of 12 month old planks, oak and sweet cheshnut, just sanded washed and planned which I want to use as shelving. The grain is good and I reckon the colour in the oak will look good as well,

To bring to the maximum colour and grain definition should I use reviving oil as well as finishing oil ?
What’s reviving oil ?

What’s reviving oil ?
Produed by Colron its called Wood Reviver and claims to "feed revitalise and nourish bare wood". and "forms a protective finish prior to finishing"

Would be useful to get advice from someone who has used it

Produed by Colron its called Wood Reviver and claims to "feed revitalise and nourish bare wood". and "forms a protective finish prior to finishing"

Would be useful to get advice from someone who has used it
It’s not oil it’s aimed at furniture restoration , you don’t need it on bare timber for shelving , danish oil will do .

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back