Rewire Completed

You shame me - my MK box looks like a rats nest in comparison! Very neat.

Did Scottish Power require your system to be certified by an electrician before they'd attach to it?

Sponsored Links
ryanj said:
only other thing i would say is you left no room for expansion

Yep. :oops:

The doorbell transformer wasn't actually planned to be installed there. I suppose if there is any need for expansion, it could be moved quite simply.
quote]

do you not have mains smoke alarms?

diyhell said:

You wouldn't mind taking a picture would you? :)

diyhell said:
Did Scottish Power require your system to be certified by an electrician before they'd attach to it?

Nope, they simply asked that the main bonding conductors were up to scratch.

ChrisRogers said:
do you not have mains smoke alarms?

I installed two mains smoke alarms, one in the downstairs hall and one in the loft conversion, both linked. They have battery backup, but there main power is from the last MCB in that box.

You are going to ware out the screws on the CU cover if you keep taking photos :LOL:

Sponsored Links
You are going to ware out the screws on the CU cover if you keep taking photos.

Hehe...

What a work went into getting the MCB's straight, so I COULD even get the cover on!

main0505.jpg

main0555.JPG

MEM RCBO's - Test button is the very small black button at the top om the MCB part.

You can see the 'POD' that attaches over the MCB - easy to do once you have done one!!

Must have posted at the exact same time! ;)

Is there any advantage to that, than a standard RCBO?

No, it is just that they look identical, and the Wholesalers can just stock MCB's & pods rather that every size of MCB & RCBO.

I have nothing against MK, and have used it alot. My favourite has always been MEM/BILL though (different companies, exactly the same product, although eaton have bought mem and bill, and closed bill down, so just mem out there now).

Good work, you have put many 'real' sparks to shame :oops:

Good work, you have put many 'real' sparks to shame

I have?!

It actually took a lot of time just to wire it up, there isn't much space at the top of the RCBO's. I tried to keep the cables coming through the cut-outs nearest where they needed to be terminated.

Lectrician, have you ever used any Hager products?

I've used them all :LOL: Not many brands I havn't had my fingers on ;)

Hagar MCB's are fine RCBO's are fine, as are their RCD's and Switches etc. But the enclosures?? Not my first choice at all.

And while I remember, another question, what is that annoying little flashing light on the meter? It reads "800 pulses/kWh". A flashes 8 times per 1/100th of a kWh.

It's a light that flashes to indicate that electricity is being used! :LOL: I suppose it was designed in to show how fast power is being used (faster rate of flashing means more ooooomph) since there is no dial spinning round at a rate of knots when you have everything switched on.

ryanj said:
diyhell said:

You wouldn't mind taking a picture would you? :)

Not sure I can stand the embarressment... And I'm sure the 'old style' black & red cable I used doesn't look as pretty :LOL:

Will look out the digital camera and post something back later

ryanj said:
You are going to ware out the screws on the CU cover if you keep taking photos.

Hehe...

What a work went into getting the MCB's straight, so I COULD even get the cover on!

Yeah it took me forever to get the mcb's and rcbo's straight in the new MK unit I did, and the still f in lean!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back