Rewired heating system need some advise please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There
Just before anyone askes I have done electrical work beofore and done my Part P two years ago.

I have just moved in and had to rewired my heating system as the boiler was always on and the wiring was a real mess.

I have:
2 Value System
Micron Glow Worm 60FF
Lifestyle LP522 programmer
Horstmann HRT Room Stat
Cylinder stat
Pump
12 way junction bax

I wired it all up as per Lifestyle LP522 Programmer.
But instead of connection the Ls from the boiler to 7 I connected it to 1 can someone tell me what i have broken or blowen up??

please see image:
//www.diynot.com/network/judger/albums/4459

Any advise would be good.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
instead of connection the Ls from the boiler to 7 I connected it to 1 can someone tell me what i have broken or blowen up??

please see image:
//www.diynot.com/network/judger/albums/4459

Any advise would be good.

Thanks

You should have broken nothing or blown anything up
connecting ls to 1 instead of 7 would just make the boiler permenantly on (isn,t that what was wrong in the first place?)

Matt

if you have connected Ls to 1 instead of seven all you have done is connected the boiler switched live to a permanent live, the boiler will ignore all controls and will just run until switched off or the internal stat switches it off, just looked at your wiring plan , you have the switched live and the permanent live connected to number seven , why?

Hi Ya
picasso
I only went waht the diagrame old me but was not sure where to put the sl and pl.
When I switch the fuse spur on all all I get is the programmer cumming on and nothing else. not sure how to test if call for heat is working?

Sponsored Links
Hi Matt

Yes that is but the boiler doesn't fire up at all and there are no lights on, on the boiler to tell me if there is anthing wrong.

the orange wires from the zone valves are connected to LS ignore LP, do you have a permanent L N E connected to the boiler and the pump connected to the boiler as well.

Hi
cowley - Yes the Fuse is ok.

picasso - I have the LS connected to 7 and the same with LP. so must I disconnect LP and connect it to where?
I have power to the boiler if that is what you are asking. I will just check the pump and reply.

Matt - I have a multi meter but very basic I do have a alphatel EASI if that makes thing easeir?

Thanks
Ronnie

what have you got connected to LP ? there shouldent be anything , you should have the pump connected to PL and PN then L N E and one wire connected to LS, the wire connected to LS is connected to 7 (the orange wires from the zone valves).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back