Rewiring and building control

or a bus driver...which to be fair, anyone with a driving licence, an ounce of common sense and 5 minute tuition could manage

A tad more than 5 minutes...

You telling me that you couldn't get in a bus with someone showing you how the controls work and drive off? I'm sure you could...

My point is that it's not a highly skilled highly trained job...it's a glorified delivery driver. Sorry to any bus drivers out there...look at the number of crashes that happen in London involving buses...if they WERE highly trained they'd hit less people/bikes!

I think the whole idea of the passport signing thing is that it looks to professions were there has been a lot of commitment to get in to that role and dlot to lose if you decide to sell your signature.

Sure it makes a sweeping judgement, but then 99.99% of us do every day of our lives whether conciously or not....that's life I'm afraid...

Sponsored Links
If they aren't trustworthy and honest, it's not that likely that a) they'll put in the investment, or b) that they'll make it to the end of the course. But your point is valid, and could be asked of any of the professions listed - some more so than others.
Which would then lead to the question, that if you can't say that membership of one of those classes of people does make you honest, then why have any list at all ?

But then who WOULD you have signing?? The bloke who lives on on the estate with more tattoos than Jodie Marsh, killer dogs n the back garden and never worked a day in his life isnl;t really going to thin twice about signing (if he can write) a false application...

On the otehr hand there are bent coppers, lawyers, Drs and even judges...nothig is fool proof it;s just a best effort to get it aimed at the right type of person...

My point is that it's not a highly skilled highly trained job...it's a glorified delivery driver.
Driving a bus is a lot harder than driving a van. The controls may be similar but the size and manouverability are harder to manage. The goods carried are not just boxes. Some of the parcels need very special treatment, they can be difficult to load, un-load and some can be just un-pleasant.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back