Rewiring for a 10.8kW shower

Sponsored Links
What intrigues me is where the 35A figure came from. Even if the installation were Method B, the tabulated CCC of a 6mm² cable would appear to be 38A.
There is no tabulated rating of 38A.
I'm getting very confused, since this is the second time in this thread you have suggested that I have used the wrong Table or read the wrong CCC. I clearly need some help.

What CCC does your BRB give in Table 4D2A for 6mm² cable, Reference Method B, "1 two core cable, single phase a.c. or d.c." (i.e.column 4)? ... or do you think that is the wrong Table to be using? Conversely,where is the 35A figure tabulated?

Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards, John.

Sponsored Links
All evidence points to the cable being laid in the floor void and therefore will not be clipped direct.

What evidence ?

Read my previous response (5.15) to you or the opening post.

So you cannot be sure of the exact method either, but you come on a berate a couple of people for suggesting what could be the correct rating for the cable and the personally criticise their abilities.
I would have thought better of you considering your dislike of BAS's attitude :rolleyes:

I'm getting very confused, since this is the second time in this thread you have suggested that I have used the wrong Table or read the wrong CCC. I clearly need some help.

What CCC does your BRB give in Table 4D2A for 6mm² cable, Reference Method B, "1 two core cable, single phase a.c. or d.c." (i.e.column 4)? ... or do you think that is the wrong Table to be using? Conversely,where is the 35A figure tabulated?

Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards, John.

I think he may be referring to table 4D5 ref method 102.

I think he may be referring to table 4D5 ref method 102.
That certainly gives 35A, but why on earth would (s)he be assuming Reference Method 102 - which relates to a very specific situation (and one which we have not been given reason to believe would apply in this case)? In any event, I made it very clear that I was quote figures tabulated for Reference Method B.

Kind Regards,John.

But you three continue to say I am wrong based on your imaginations without looking at the facts presented. And most importantly creating the dangerous impression that this cable can be run at a dangerously high current.

Don't be so stupid, you know that you can't be sure of the exact install method so you cannot berate anyone for suggesting clipped direct. Unless you have been there and seen the exact method you are as right or wrong as anyone.

Because of the installation method, the 6mm cable will have a maximum rating of about 35A, so you are stuck with the 30A fuse.

So are you are using Table 4D5 reference method 102 or are you using something else?

FFS, read the opening post, which clearly demonstrates that the cable is not clipped direct. Or is the problem that you don't like evidence that contradicts you're irresponsible and dangerous advice?

The OP has said nothing about taking up floorboards so he does not know that the cable is not clipped and neither do you so you cannot be sure either :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back