Rewiring for a 10.8kW shower

Holmshaw, you have clearly used the wrong table :oops: to hightlight the current carrying capacity of cable but seem incapable of accepting that you have done so.

Now might be a good time to stop digging ;)

Sponsored Links
I've spoken to 2 electricians who claim that to rewire for 10mm cable

Did any of you read the above, these 2 sparks have looked at the job and said it needs a 10mm cable, why would they say that if 6mm was ok?
They were giving their opinion.

They've not looked under the floors, so they don't know how the cable is installed.

Why are you interested in their opinions?

Sponsored Links
So are you are using Table 4D5 reference method 102 or are you using something else?
One thing I've never understood is why, although Table 4D2A gives CCC figures for "two core cable, with or without a protective conductor" (and says nothing which excludes 'flat cables'), some of the figures for Reference Methods A and C are very slightly different from those given in Table 4D5 ("flat cable with protective conductor").

Can someone help me understand the reason for this?

Kind Regards, John

Ok, yes both those sparks are liars. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Are they?

Shouldn't you have proof of that before making the accusation?

I've not suggested they were lying, any more than JohnW was. But you weren't interested in his opinions (in fact you actually told him to stop expressing them), nor in what he thinks.

But you do seem interested in accepting the opinions of others.

Why is this?

I don't waffle and I don't give opinions.
What's the installation method for cables lying on a plasterboard ceiling?

A, what did you say?
So if saying that the installation method applicable to a cable lying on a plasterboard ceiling is the one described as "enclosed in conduit in an insulated wall" is neither waffle nor opinion, what is it?

Its a statement, you asked me what is the ref method for a cable lying on a plasterboard ceiling, and I correctly answered ref method A.
Whats 'enclosed in conduit in an insulated wall' got to do with anything.?
A very good question, and I think that was BAS's point. Maybe you should look at the heading at the top of the column in Table 4D5 which appears to be where you got your 35A figure from (if it wasn't, where on earth did '35A' come from?).

Kind Regards, John.

Bas are you saying the op and the 2 sparks are lying? :LOL: :LOL:
No.

I'm saying that the electricians are giving their opinion about what would be needed to be done.

But I do doubt the accuracy of the OP's report - I think it unlikely that either electrician would propose "tearing" up the floors.

Its a statement, you asked me what is the ref method for a cable lying on a plasterboard ceiling, and I correctly answered ref method A.

Whats 'enclosed in conduit in an insulated wall' got to do with anything.?
Table 4D5, Row 1, Column 7

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back