rewiring grid switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm in the process of changing all of the sockets and switches I'm my house for new ones. However when I have come to change the grid switch the labels on the back of switches are different. On the switches that are there at the moment there are cables listed as L1 & L2 & N1 & N2. The new modular switches are labelled as Co, 1 way and 2 way. I wonder can someone please advise as to what is what on the new switch? I can take pics if necessary. Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
You can't use those switches you have bought.

To clarify what others have said, you need 20 amp double pole switch modules.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, that's what the website actually said they were. Looks like these will be getting sent back and others ordered in place.

Lots of negative comments, surely if the existing switches are being used as single pole switching and on a 6 amp circuit then the ones youve brought will be ok

Lots of negative comments, surely if the existing switches are being used as single pole switching and on a 6 amp circuit then the ones youve brought will be ok

Op, is the bank of switches to control kitchen appliances, or is light switches?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back