Rewiring Honeywell thermostat to Hive receiver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm installing a hive active heating. I have a Honeywell dial thermostat on wall that I want to replace for a hive receiver. It's a single channel receiver as i have a combi boiler.

Current Honeywell thermostat wiring:
5gqcjBt.png

It was wired as Blue 2, Yellow 3, Red 1.

Honeywell wiring diagram:
3mzKePr.png

Wired as Blue 2, Yellow 3, Red 1.

Hive receiver wiring diagram:
h06Y5SC.png

Where should these wires be going in the Hive receiver diagram, is it like for like?

Cheers in advance.

Sponsored Links
Red to live, Blue to neutral, yellow to 3 and you need to fit a small link wire from L to Common on the hive backplate.

Red to live, Blue to neutral, yellow to 3 and you need to fit a small link wire from L to Common on the hive backplate.

Thanks for the response, can I take a piece of cable from an old plug and join straight from L to COM, should it be sleeved or done via anything special?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the response, can I take a piece of cable from an old plug and join straight from L to COM, should it be sleeved or done via anything special?
Yea that will be fine. Ideally use the brown or red wire as it will be live. Nothing else needs to be done with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back