RGB LED Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

new to this forum so be nice please :)

Basically I have 3 RGB LED strips in my kitchen controlled by a basic RGB controller (2x2m 1x 0.6m), the 0.6m length I would like to have a switch to bridge the 3 RGB pins together to create white whilst the other 2 strips are still controlled by the RGB Controller, then it can be switched back to RGB mode when required.

I have currently put in place a 4pole double throw toggle switch which bridges the required connections however when I switch it to white mode it puts all the strips in white mode instead of just the 0.6m.

The strips are linked to the controller all at one point instead of one after another.

Help on this would be brilliant, thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Assuming it's DC, diodes could be used with your switch to prevent the 'back feeding'. Or buy a second controller.

Assuming it's DC, diodes could be used with your switch to prevent the 'back feeding'. Or buy a second controller.

yes it is, il have to pick some diodes up from maplin, its the only place near me.

don't suppose you could recommend one could you?

Sponsored Links
What current and voltage are we talking about?
Am thinking a 1N4001 which is a 1A silicon rectifier diode (50v forward, 35v reverse voltage) but you'll have to check the specs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back